The IITD and Trainers' Learning Skillnet - helping you to thrive during this time of adversity.
The price of our Professional Practice Certificate is grant-aided by 50% (thanks to Skillnet Ireland) - CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS.
January 2021 - email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest
Cost of programme:
€725.00 to participants eligible for Trainers Learning Skillnet (TLS) funding
€1,450.00 for non-members
Maximise your time - emerge from lockdown stronger and with a broader skillset. And you can do it online!
The IITD are adhering to current restrictions by offering our flagship Professional Practice Certificate 100% online, maintaining social distancing while at the same time allowing you to keep learning.
This is your opportunity for growth.
Learners interested in completing the Professional Practice Certificate should note that a computer with stable internet connection capable of maintaining a good quality video conference session (webcam and microphone are compulsory requirements). A tech check will be completed in the days before commencement of the course.
Typical running order of a day on the Professional Practice Certificate:
9am Pre-class check and assigning of pre-class work
10am Online class
12pm Post class exercise
2pm - 4pm Online class
During lockdown, why not learn new skills with our Professional Practice Certificate and earn yourself a QQI Level 6 qualification? Read on to find out what you will learn.
Are you new to L&D or do you need to gain a recognised trainers qualification? This programme provides participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to undertake training activities.
The programme encompasses the development of competences that will enable L&D professionals to identify and assess training needs, design, develop, plan, organise, deliver and evaluate relevant training activities.
The programme offers participants the opportunity to achieve recognised certification as an effective trainer:
- IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training & Development
- (QQI Level 6) Special Purpose Award in Training and Development – (6S3372)
Who Should Undertake the Programme?
The IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training and Development is aimed at:
- Individuals who have an interest in training and development and may wish to pursue it as a career.
- Individuals who hold training and development responsibilities in organisations.
- Individuals and teams involved in the design and delivery of training programmes.
- Consultants who wish to gain a formal qualification in training and development.
- Managers and team leaders who wish to gain an insight into the systematic training process.
Structure and Content of Programme
The programme consists of two modules and is delivered in a highly participative and practical manner. A range of learning methods and approaches will be used to promote the practical application of theoretical concepts covered.
Module 1 - Training Needs Identification & Design – (QQI Level 6 Component Award 6N3325)
- Background and context of training and development (T & D).
- Organisational context of T & D.
- Adult learning theory.
- Systematic training and Instructional Systems Design (ISD).
- Training needs identification and analysis.
- Training plans.
- Training design and development.
Module 2 - Training Delivery and Evaluation – (QQI Level 6 Component Award 6N3226)
- Role and competences of the trainer.
- Preparing for training delivery.
- Training delivery.
- Assessment of learning.
- Training evaluation.
Module 1 - Training Needs Identification and Design – QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Component Award 6N3325 (15 ECTS Credits )
At the end of this module, participants should be able to:
- Explain the background and context of training and development (T & D) and discuss the organisational context of T & D.
- Identify primary contributors to adult learning theory and explain key adult learning approaches and methods.
- Discuss a range of instructional design systems (ISD) approaches and models.
- Explain the Training Needs Analysis (TNA) process, review a range of TNA models and discuss their application in a variety of organisational settings.
- Select a TNA model and implement an effective TNA process that incorporates outputs in terms of priorities and of knowledge, skills and attitudes required.
- Devise training plans based on prioritised training needs, including a cost benefit analysis.
- Explain key issues around the setting of training objectives.
- Set appropriate objectives and design and develop a range of appropriate training interventions.
Module 2 – Training Delivery and Evaluation – QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Component Award 6N3226 ( 15 ECTS Credits )
At the end of this module, participants should be able to:
- Explain the role and competences of the trainer.
- Identify key factors in preparing for training delivery.
- Demonstrate core skills required for effective delivery of training programmes.
- Discuss the assessment of trainees’ learning, identify a range of assessment tools, techniques and approaches and devise an appropriate training assessment process.
- Explain the background to training evaluation, identify a range of evaluation models and principles, evaluate training programmes effectively and identify key areas of benefit and opportunity.
Programme Assessment Process
Programme assessment is on a continuous basis and will require students to review theoretical concepts surrounding the systematic approach to training and apply these in practical situations. Assessment methods incorporate: assignments; projects; skills demonstrations; and a learner record.
QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372)
In conjunction with the IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training and Development, Successful students will be awarded a QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372). The programme is designed to ensure that assessment standards implemented by IITD are aligned to those required for the QQI (FETAC) award. This facilitates a streamlined and user-friendly assessment process for programme tutors and students.
For more information or to register your interest, please call: 045 881166
Applicants for the Professional Practice Certificate candidates must:
Be at least 18 years of age by 1 January of the year of application;
Hold a Leaving Certificate/FETAC level 5 qualification or equivalent (it is assumed that participants will have an underlying foundational working knowledge/experience/interest in L&D and/or training).
All applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6 or the equivalent TOEFL score
PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered online. Applicants must have access to a computer, stable WiFi, camera, speakers and microphone.