IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training & Developments - delivered online
QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372) 30 ECTS Credits
||100% DELIVERED - ONLINE
|| 8 Class Days
The IITD and Trainers' Learning Skillnet - helping you to thrive during this time of adversity.
NEXT PROGRAMME COMMENCES:
May 12th, 2021
The IITD are continuously improving the experience for our learners and the need for enhancing the content to suit current needs of educators in all fields. Our current programme has been updated to reflect the changing environments of adult educators and the practices of training delivery. Our programme is delivered in a highly interactive environment with continuous support from both the tutors and all IITD staff to ensure all receive a rich experience in preparation for designing, delivering and evaluation current training practice and providing new skills for future training.
This is your opportunity for growth.
Are you new to L&D, do you deliver training, or do you need to gain a recognised trainers qualification? This programme provides participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to undertake training activities.
The programme encompasses the development of competences that will enable L&D professionals to identify and assess training needs, design, develop, plan, organise, deliver and evaluate relevant training activities.
Learners interested in completing the Professional Practice Certificate should note that a computer with stable internet connection capable of maintaining a good quality video conference session (webcam and microphone are compulsory requirements). A tech check will be completed in the days before commencement of the course.
Module 1 - Training Needs Identification & Design – (QQI Level 6 Component Award 6N3325)
- Understand the evolution of workplace learning
- Be able to define strategic L&D in organisations (theory, frameworks, structures, and governance)
- Be able to explain the link between L&D, individual and organisational performance
- Recognise the impact of L&D and competencies needed in the future
- Understand L&D strategy and its place in your organisation
- Recognise the importance of learning motivation and engagement
- Be able to identify, design and implement a Learning Needs Analysis
- Develop effective learning objectives and outcomes for a learning experience
- Define the key components of the L&D design process
- Develop appropriate learning content
- Discuss issues surrounding digital learning and identify a range of associated methods
- Design an effective learning experience that incorporates a range of design factors
Module 2 - Training Delivery and Evaluation – (QQI Level 6 Component Award 6N3226)
- Identify the characteristics of an effective trainer
- Be able to create an effective classroom (and virtual classroom) training environment
- Develop lesson plans
- Be able to overcome issues concerned with equality, diversity and disability
- Understand group dynamics in a learning environment
- Choose and develop relevant learning aids and materials
- Identify the most appropriate learning environment for your learning objectives
- Adopt an appropriate approach to suit your learners and the environment
- Provide feedback
- Be able to utilise a range of learning aids and tools
- Facilitate learning transfer
- Identify, explain and assess a range of learning evaluation models, techniques and approaches
- Devise an effective evaluation process and tools, and develop an evaluation report
- Identify types of learner assessments and their advantages and disadvantages
STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMMES
The IITD Professional Practice Certificate consists of two modules and is delivered virtually by experience tutors in a highly participative and practical manner. A range of learning methods and approaches will be used to promote the practical application of theoretical concepts covered.
Typical running order of a day on the Professional Practice Certificate:
9am Pre-class check and assigning of pre-class work
10am Online class
12pm Post class exercise
2pm - 4pm Online class
The programme offers participants the opportunity to achieve recognised certification as an effective trainer:
- IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training & Development
- (QQI Level 6) Special Purpose Award in Training and Development – (6S3372)
WHO SHOULD UNDERTAKE THE PPC?
The IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training and Development is aimed at:
- Individuals who have an interest in training and development and may wish to pursue it as a career.
- Individuals who hold training and development responsibilities in organisations.
- Individuals and teams involved in the design and delivery of training programmes.
- Consultants who wish to gain a formal qualification in training and development.
- Managers and team leaders who wish to gain an insight into the systematic training process.
Programme Assessment Process
Programme assessment is on a continuous basis and will require students to review theoretical concepts surrounding the systematic approach to training and apply these in practical situations. Assessment methods incorporate: assignments; projects; skills demonstrations; and a learner record.
QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372)
In conjunction with the IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training and Development, Successful students will be awarded a QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372). The programme is designed to ensure that assessment standards implemented by IITD are aligned to those required for the QQI (FETAC) award. This facilitates a streamlined and user-friendly assessment process for programme tutors and students.
Cost of programme:
€995 to participants eligible for Trainers' Learning Skillnet (TLS) funding
€1,450 for non-members
For more information or to register your interest, please call: 045 881166
Applicants for the Professional Practice Certificate candidates must:
Be at least 18 years of age by 1 January of the year of application;
Hold a Leaving Certificate/FETAC level 5 qualification or equivalent (it is assumed that participants will have an underlying foundational working knowledge/experience/interest in L&D and/or training).
All applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6 or the equivalent TOEFL score
PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered online. Applicants must have access to a computer, stable WiFi, camera, speakers and microphone.