IITD Certificate in Training Needs Analysis & Design - QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Component Award in Training Needs Identification and Design (6N3325)
IITD Certificate in Training Needs Analysis & Design
QQI Level 6 – Training Needs Identification & Design Component Award (6N3325 - 15 ECTS Credits)
NEXT PROGRAMMES COMMENCE:
October 14th, 2021 (Participants must attend an online induction session on October 7th, 12.30pm - 1.00pm)
November 11th, 2021 (Participants must attend an online induction session on November 4th, 4.30pm - 5.00pm)
This is your opportunity for growth.
Introduction - Who should complete this programme?
New to working in an L&D department? Or new to training? Need to gain a recognised L&D qualification? This programme provides participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to undertake training assessment and design/planning activities.
The programme encompasses the development of competences that will enable L&D professionals to identify and assess training needs, design, develop, plan and organise/administer relevant training activities.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Explain key elements of training and development practice and the role of training and development in an organisational context.
- Discuss key aspects of adult learning theory and implement associated principles during analysis of training needs and design of training interventions.
- Identify a range of instructional design system (ISD) and Training needs analysis (TNA) models and discuss their application in a variety of organisational settings.
- Select a TNA model and implement an appropriate TNA process incorporating outputs in terms of knowledge, skills and attitudes required and priorities.
- Devise training plans based on prioritised training needs, including a cost benefit analysis.
- Develop and design a range of appropriate training interventions.
Please Note: This Component award is Module 1 of the IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training & Development
Structure and Content of Programme
- The Context of Training & Development (T&D)
- Adult Learning
- Training Needs Identification & Analysis.
- Training Design.
The programme content comprises four sections and is delivered in a highly participative and practical manner. Some Pre-Reading and a Questionnaire is required with this programme, A range of learning methods and approaches will be used to promote the practical application of theoretical concepts covered.
Typical running order of a day on the IITD Certificate in Training Needs Analysis & Design:
9am Pre-class check and assigning of pre-class work
10am Online class
12pm Post class exercise
2pm - 4pm Online class
Programme assessment is on a continuous basis, embracing theoretical reviews and practical assignments and project work.
QQI Level 6 Component Award
In conjunction with the IITD Certificate in Training Needs Analysis & Design, successful participants will be awarded a QQI Level 6 Training Needs Identification and Design Component Award (6N3325).
The programme is designed to ensure that assessment standards implemented by IITD are aligned to those of the QQI award. This facilitates a streamlined and user-friendly process for programme tutors and participants.
Cost of programme:
€495 to participants eligible for Trainers' Learning Skillnet (TLS) funding
€795 - non-eligible participants
For more information or to register your interest, please call: 045 881166
Applicants for the Professional Practice Certificate candidates must:
Be at least 18 years of age by 1 January of the year of application;
Hold a Leaving Certificate/FETAC level 5 qualification or equivalent (it is assumed that participants will have an underlying foundational working knowledge/experience/interest in L&D and/or training).
All applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6 or the equivalent TOEFL score
PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered online. Applicants must have access to a computer, stable WiFi, camera, speakers and microphone.