E-Learning Essentials Programme
||DELIVERED - ONLINE
||Six 2hr sessions over three weeks
“Build the Skillset to Design and Develop Effective e-learning”
NEXT COURSE BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 9TH (DELIVERED ONLINE)
September Course Dates:
• September 4th: eBriefing Session: 1pm - 2pm
• September 8th: Virtual Classroom 1 – Learning Theory: 10am – 12pm
• September 10th: Virtual Classroom 2 – Team Project: 10am – 12pm
• September 15th: Virtual Classroom 3 – Trends & Tools: 10am – 12pm
• September 17th: Virtual Classroom 4 – Screenplanning: 10am – 12pm
• September 22nd: Virtual Classroom 5 – Assessment Evaluation: 10am – 12pm
• September 24th: Virtual Classroom 6 – Articulate Storyline: 10am – 12pm
Introduction to the Programme
This fast-track accreditation programme will help you develop the core skills involved in the design, development, assessment and evaluation of effective e-learning solutions in a range of services and sectors, while gain gaining a validated professional certificate in e-learning.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is ideal for individuals who wish to take the first step towards the development of their e-learning skills. The programme will introduce you to the core fundamentals of effective e-learning design and development. The programme is open to any individual responsible for creating training and education material within their organisation and will be applicable to participants from both public and private sector organisations.
At the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Design e-Learning - Employ a practical, problem-solving approach to designing pedagogically aligned e-learning across diverse levels of learning.
- Develop e-Learning - Structured hands-on development of real world e-learning using proven techniques to engage, stimulate and challenge learners.
- Assess e-Learning - Learn how to constructively align assessment into your e-Learning design to produce authentic, realistic assessments.
- Evaluate e-Learning - Build a well-structured evaluation framework to monitor your e-Learning projects, adapt to the learner's needs and deliver the best experience .
The programme is modular in design, made up of four specialist units. The following learning interventions will be used on the programme:
- Three classroom-based workshops - these intensive skills-based workshop practice comprehensive techniques and methodologies to enable you to confidently design, develop, assess and evaluate pedagogically effective e-learning.
- Access to Online Resources - Participants will also have online access to a full range of course materials and learning aids through Harvest’s Learning Hub.
- Live Virtual Classroom Session – Participants will engage in a number of online virtual classroom sessions to give you an opportunity to experience the process in action.
Programme Accreditation and Certification
Digital Learning Design Essentials is recognised by Newcastle University's Centre for Executive and Professional Development. - The programme is certified through the CPD accreditation institution in the UK. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Professional Development Certificate in eLearning.
The assessment will be based on a practical e-learning project that will be completed during the course.
Unit 1: Design e-Learning
- Key educational concepts and their impact on e-learning design
- Learning needs analysis, learner profiling and learning styles
- Design for all - learning preferences, learner capability, learning approaches and delivery methods in an online environment
- From passive to active e-learning - identify why certain types of e-learning fail to engage and how this can be corrected
- How to interest, stimulate, challenge and hook your learners through blending directed, guided and self-directed e-learning approaches
Unit 2: Develop e-Learning
- Optimising learning through complimentary media mix
- Script scenario based e-learning combining top order skills including analysis, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Create engaging, realistic scenarios that underpin active learning approaches online
- Developing individual, group and team working skills based around real world scenarios
- Create e-learning that will engage learners using action based, practical exercises that transfer to real-world activities
Unit 3: Assess e-Learning
- Pedagogic fitness of assessment methods and techniques
- The role of feedback in developing successful learning
- Using assessment blueprints to design align online assessment to the learning situation
- Aligning online assessment to the learning situation
- Providing effective online feedback to aid learning through a range of methods
Unit 4: Evaluate e-Learning
- Quantitative and qualitative techniques for measuring the success of e-learning
- Evaluation criteria to measure the effectiveness of e-learning
- Implementing an evaluation process for e-learning sessions
- Critical evaluation of participant feedback for a selected e-learning intervention
- Using analysis data to improve e-learning interventions
€935.00 participants eligible for Skillnet funding
€1,100 (Non Skillnet Members Rate)
Click here to download full programme overview